Friday, June 5, 2015

Can I just say? Listening? I've worked on this blog for two months now. I've strained my ear, stretched my focus, used plenty of Q-tips, reviewed my CD's, reminisced about my childhood favorites,  stiffened as I recall sounds which signify fear, death, and destruction, and those that go bump in the night.  You get the idea.

I've racked my brain about how to describe sounds in a bright and brilliant way.  Birds that go chirp?  C'mon!  For years now, I've searched for the word about how I felt when a gang member stuck a gun into the small of my back, and cocked it.  Not much else sticks in my mind but that sound.

Obviously I lived to tell about it.

The reason for this exercise you may ask?

A crisis of conundrums. A map too frayed and worn to give me any direction. A mind fraught with overload.  A life, too quickly changing.  Once again, I had to pull up camp, go higher, clear off the calendar, pick up my journal and my Bible, and,

Watch, wait, and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment